So why fingers get swollen? Let me google that for you: hot weather, you are eating too much salt, arthritis (hopefully not), injury, tough work, pregnancy or even hangover…
Anyway, when you are out of town and your ring is stuck on your finger.. what to do?!?
- Use something slippery. Plenty of “skin-safe” household items can be used as lubricants to get the ring off in one piece and with minimal damage to skin.
- Move the ring around, getting some of the lubricant underneath. Turn the ring around the finger a time or two, and spray or rub more lubricant on as well. Gently pull the ring off the finger, working it back and forth and turning it as you go, as necessary.
- Elevate the arm. If you still can’t remove the ring, try elevating the arm above shoulder level for a few minutes.
- Dip the hand in cool water. Have you noticed that your rings fit more loosely on cool days than hot ones? Place the hand in cool, but not ice cold, water and leave it there for a few minutes. It need not be painful to leave your hand in the water.
- Slip one end of the dental floss under the ring. If necessary use a needle to get the dental floss under the ring. – Don’t do it if you don’t know how to use it!
- Use google!
Here’s a short “how to” video. Does work for me every time!
All the above list will help you along the process.